that's a mail server-dependent feature. not all mail servers automatically
validate the sender.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Poff [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, June 18, 2001 7:24 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: CFMAIL problem

Hi,

Sorry for the earlier message, my fingers were going faster than my brain...

My experience with mail servers is that they won't send mail without a valid
"From" address. This is how I take care of that.

        <!--- Check User's Email Address --->

                <CF_IsEmail EMAIL="#GetAward.ShipEmail#">
                  <CFIF ISEMAILRESULT>
                    <cfset Email = '#GetAward.ShipEmail#'>
                  <CFELSE>
                    <cfset Email = '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'>
                  </cfif>

        <!---  Send Mail --->

                <cfmail to="[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
                         from="#Email#"
                         subject="ORDER - #12345"
                         bcc="[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
                         type="HTML">

You can get the <CF_IsEmail> tag from the Developers Exchange.

--Bill