i don't think anyone can predict whether or not your server security will be
compromised in the next month.

-----Original Message-----
From: freddy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2001 8:18 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Important ColdFusion Security Patch Released Today

I have a fairly unique situation here. Our cf server has  very limited
access rights. It cannot write any files at all
anywhere on our servers. In this case how would it be possible to exploit
the security hole?  We have a subscription to
cf and are going to be upgrading asap but are currently in the process of a
complete site personalization rollout that
will :
A: Put a much heavier load on the cf server than it already has. So adding a
possible 8% reduction in performance is not
an option.
B: Not allow me to upgrade untill it has been found to be working well
enough in the current evironment.

I would like to wait till I can upgrade to 5.0 (about a month) before doing
anything... does this sound safe?
Thanks,
 Frederic