In the particular example I gave, the cf4 parser should choke on cfdump,
even though it will never be called, it still causes the error.

-Ray

Actually, I stand corrected. It's not an issue even with Strict
Validation turned off.

If I do:

<CFIF 0>
        <CFRAY>
</CFIF>

I get the error anyway, even though CFRAY is never called.

Either way, the point is, if you want to do:

<CFIF CF5>
.
<CFELSE>
.
</CFIF>

Your CF5 block has to be in a file.

This works, even if test2.cfm uses <CFRAY>

<CFIF 0>
        <CFINCLUDE TEMPLATE="test2.cfm">
</CFIF>