From: Mark Warrick [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2001 6:08 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: reading an XLS file into a query...

Hello All,

Here's what I want to do:

User uploads an XLS file (column names will always be consistent) - this
I've got figured out. CF reads the XLS file into a query and dumps the
data into a SQL table. - part of this I can't figure out.

I know how to read from a text file and do an import into SQL that way,
however, my problem is that I need to read DIRECTLY from an XLS file
that has been uploaded.  NO DSN connections are allowed.

I'm thinking maybe a COM object?  What do you all think?  Where should I
start hunting for knowledge?

I've tried CFFILE, CFHTTP, and CFCONTENT.  None of those do the trick.

---mark

Mark Warrick - Fusioneers.com
Personal Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Business Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]