> Let the invisible frame run the .cfm report and notify
> the visible frame when it's done.
>   After being notified, the visible page doesn't load
> the reports page directly (this would run the report
> all over again). Instead, it load the variable into
> which the reports page has stored all its processed
> results.

Thanks, but I think this is more-or-less what's already happening.

Specify report criteria ->

Insert database record with all report parameters ->

Framed page
 (i) "Your report is being created. Click here to return to the
application."
(ii) Invisible frame source calls report generation page via CFHTTP. Passes
ReportID.

CreateReport.cfm
Creates report based on ReportID value passed as form field. The report is
written as an HTML string to a .cfm file stored on the server. The filename
is then written to the report record in the db.

View Reports
Does a db query and lists all reports that have a "FileCreated" flag set to
true (so you can't view reports that have only just been specified but which
haven't yet been created).

Frame source (i) takes a while to load (more than the few seconds it would
take if it was on its own). On it, there's one link with TARGET="_top" in
it, to remove the invisible frames. When you click on that link, it takes
*forever* to load the next page. It seems to take as long to load that page
as it takes to generate the report.

Maybe that's just because I'm working on the development box. Trouble is, I
can't upload it to the better-specced production box until I'm sure it's all
working OK.

Thanks for your help.

--
Aidan Whitehall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>