I used htmlEditFormat as Kwang suggested and it works great!  My question
now is about special characters like the registered mark ®.  These seem to
cause the "xml not well formed" error.  Is there a function to replace these
with these with there ascii equivalent?  If not, does anyone have an all
inclusive regex that would replace any and all of these characters?

Thanks