From: Parker, Kevin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, May 28, 2002 11:10 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Unstructured info

If you go to areas like this
http://claimassist.workcover.com/TheLaw/thelaw.htm and start drilling down
you'll see you get some interesting results that are unpalatable for a web
site such as long menus and pages with further menus in them. It gives the
impression of being structured because it sits inside a structured site but
I suppose a better word to use night have also been "variable length".

http://claimassist.workcover.com/TheLaw/reg241of1999.htm
http://claimassist.workcover.com/TheLaw/appendix.htm

Pages like this http://claimassist.workcover.com/TheLaw/5a8ca04.htm probably
do lend themselves to being in a database but I don't want to spawn lots of
little tables etc within the database.

The site has a search
http://claimassist.workcover.com/Search/SearchFrameset.htm but sections that
are in SQL also have a search
http://claimassist.workcover.com/Precis_List/precis_list.htm and there is
another section on the way like this so yet another search interface is
created. With the whole thing in a database I figure I can reduce it one
search interface.

Kevin Parker
Web Services Manager
WorkCover Corporation