-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of tom dyson
Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2002 11:52 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [cf-xml] International Characters in source XML doc

Hi Chris

The XML Toolkit passes your document straight to MSXML, which is throwing
the error with your encoding directive. I recommend that you use UTF-8
encoding for international documents - see

http://www.w3schools.com/xml/xml_encoding.asp

for more advice and bear in mind that if you're reading and writing UNICODE
files in ColdFusion you should use the charset="UTF-8" attribute in CFFILE.

Tom