I use WDDX ALL the time for a ton of different things.

- Easily convert CFML queries over to javascript
- Send the queries back to CFML from javascript
- Pass complex information in hidden forms so I can do a multi-page
wizard style app without committing data into the database until every
step is finished
- Storing complete data in files on smaller applications so there is no
need for a database, making setting up the application much easier
- Passing complex data from one server to another
- Storing queries, structures, arrays in client variables in a database
- Building Windows applications with Delphi and passing data from the
database to the client machine without requiring an ODBC datasource
- Used WDDX with Flash before they built in the Flash remoting

What WDDX sucks at...

If the XML schema already exists, WDDX won't solve your problem. If all
you want to do is pass complex data around, WDDX kicks ass because it's
so simple. If you're trying to build a human readable XML format WDDX
isn't the best solution.

Steve Nelson