I qualified my opinion on that since I don't know what
wddx support on the other platforms are. Steve Nelson
indicated there is good support on the other
platforms, so you should check with him on that.

If you want a quick and easy solution, wddx is
definitely the way to go. If you want a solution that
is flexible and powerful, then I'd suggest you bite
the bullet and start learning XML.

One other factor to influence your decision is that
active development on wddx seems to have died off....

--- Saul Rothbart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi I-Lin,
> you wrote,
> > wddx does the job best when all middleware
> involved is
> > CF. It's hard (I think) to make it work when the
> other
> > middleware platform is not CF, as there are
> probably
> > no non-CF built-in wddx
> serialization/deserialization
> > tools for other middleware platforms.
>
> ...this is sort of what I also thought but according
> to openwddx.org's FAQ
> page, ( http://www.openwddx.org/faq/ ), wddx can
> handle different web
> application environments including "JavaScript,
> ColdFusion, Perl, ASP/COM
> and Java".
>
> Saul

=====
I-Lin Kuo, Ann Arbor, MI
Macromedia Certified ColdFusion 5.0 Advanced Developer
Sun Certified Java 2 Programmer
Ann Arbor Java User Users Group (www.aajug.org)