Well, I'm not a *complete* newbie, but close. I've developed a fair
amount in CF, and a bit in XML. I have an application which receives
an XML document and validates it against a DTD. It works, but a lot of
it was monkey-see-monkey-do: copying code or following procedures with
not much understanding. Now the client wants it to validate against a
schema and I'm stumped. As I understand it, this requires MSXML4.
Their sysadmin assures me this is installed. An XML friend of mine
gave me this procedure:

- Set up  a schema doc object (IXMLDOMSchemaCollection2). I use the add
  method, with first argument (url) set to "", and second argument, a
  string representing my schema document.
- Setup a DOM object (IXMLDOMDocument2) for my XML doc (the one to be
  validated), and use the loadxml method which also takes a string
  argument representing the text of my xml file.
- Check for the DOM object's validate.errorCode. If its 0, success,
  otherwise report the error.

But I get "Error trying to create object specified in the tag....COM
error 0x800401F3. Invalid class string" on the
IXMLDOMSchemaCollection2 call. I get a similar error if I try it in
ASP. I tried the TorchBox tags, and I'm able to load and dump a
document (trying to transform gives me another error, but that's
another issue), but while validation is turned on, I don't know how to
make it validate against a schema.

--
Alan Little
Holotech Enterprises