From: Justin Balog <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'[EMAIL PROTECTED]'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [CFCDev] Arrays and Web Services
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 16:54:27 -0700 MIME-Version: 1.0

Howdy,

I have a web service that requires an array of strings as an input.  Below
is a snipet from the WSDL (let me know if you need more).

<schema xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";
targetNamespace="http://enya/webservice/services/CourtScheduleAccess";>
                <import
namespace="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"/>
                        <complexType name="ArrayOf_xsd_string">
                                <complexContent>
                                        <restriction base="soapenc:Array">
                                                <attribute
ref="soapenc:arrayType" wsdl:arrayType="xsd:string[]"/>
                                        </restriction>
                                </complexContent>
                        </complexType>
                </schema>
</wsdl:types>

<wsdl:message name="assignActivityRequest">
                <wsdl:part name="employeeReferences"
type="impl:ArrayOf_xsd_string"/>
                <wsdl:part name="startDateTime" type="xsd:dateTime"/>
                <wsdl:part name="endDateTime" type="xsd:dateTime"/>
                <wsdl:part name="activityName" type="xsd:string"/>
                <wsdl:part name="assignmentNote" type="xsd:string"/>
</wsdl:message>

Will I need to cast a CF array to a speciffc type, or should I be fine
passing a CF array to the Web Service?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Take care,

Justin
in the message of the email.

CFCDev is run by CFCZone (www.cfczone.org) and supported
by Mindtool, Corporation (www.mindtool.com).

An archive of the CFCDev list is available at [EMAIL PROTECTED]