Let me explain myself better.

The cfLDAP tag and the following cfMail tag are in the same code.

In between these tags I would like to test that the cfLDAP action="add" completed before the cfMail tag runs.

From: "Dawson, Michael" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <cfcdev@cfczone.org>
Subject: RE: [CFCDEV] cfLDAP and cfMail
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 21:04:23 -0500

Assuming Active Directory is the LDAP server...

Several options.
1. Send an email to the new user object. If it's Exchange, the mailbox will be created upon receipt of the first email message. 2. Log in to the mailbox. Upon first login, the mailbox is also created if it doesn't already exist because of #1.
3. Check for the existence of a "mail" attribute in Active Directory.
4. Check for the existence of a "homeMDB" attribute in Active Directory.

If it's not AD, then you may still look for an attribute that holds some mail-server-related attribute.

Also, you can try to log in to the LDAP server using the new object's credentials. If you can't get in, wait a bit and try again. You might need to run a scheduled task to check every so often.

If I recall correctly, since cfmail doesn't tie into Exchange or a directory server, regardless if it's AD or not, you can put in any valid email address "syntax". The email address doesn't have to exist, it only has to look like a valid email address. However, if I'm wrong, then you should still be able to use one of those four methods I listed above.

Not knowing your LDAP server, it's difficult to give a definite answer.

M!ke

  _____