Interesting reads, however a bit pushy on the "I'm right" stance.

However I have to wonder... it OO really a good way to go? I'll preface by
saying I've studied OO (java), though never had a chance to use it due to
budget and time constraints (read: I'm inexperienced and that would drag the
projects out for months on end..)

So I've developed the following opinions for OO on projects:

OO's fine if you:  have a lot of expertise in it and write applications you host
OO's fine if you:  will need to use common objects (get from db, store in db,
look up customer, get site details)

OO's not fine if you:  have a big project that needs to be on time, bug free
and you don't have much experience in it
OO's not fine if you:  are building small custom internal applications

I guess I've always been up against the fact that I'm the only developer here
and have to show results and no excuses. So I've been shy on the CF OO thing
because it seemed like such a monumental effort, maybe that's where these guys
are comming from.. "high pressure, high stress, I don't have time"..Brent
Nicholas -  "There, I guess King George will be able to read that!" - John
Hancock