Hi all,

I've made good progress on binding the HDF5 file format library.  HDF5 is
an efficient, self-describing, extensible, binary file format that is
popular in scientific computing, underlies NetCDF, is used by petabytes of
data, is supported by tools like Matlab, ...

http://www.hdfgroup.org/HDF5/whatishdf5.html

My bindings are not quite ready for general consumption by the average CL
user, but they should be quite usable by a CFFI programmer.

The sources are here:
https://gitorious.org/dh-misc/hdf5

Please read the README.txt first.  As always, help would be appreciated,
and the usual disclaimers of "this software may munge your data" apply.

Later,
Daniel