* Terrence Brannon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2005-09-05 14:15]:
> I have been trying to figure out how to model the resources of
> a guestbook cgi program using REST.

I think we’re getting rather far off topic for the list at this
point.

> GET /guestbook
>   returns the first 10 entries of the guestbook with links to
>   page forward to 11-20. REST supposedly works without cookies,
>   so if a user had a preference for entry listings per page,
>   what to do?

There’s no such thing as a “preference” between applications
talking to each other, which is what REST is mainly relevant to:
machine-oriented webservice APIs. Browser interfaces for humans
have different needs.

> POST /guestbook
>   adds an entry to the guestbook. But here is my problem, I
>   need a URL which returns a page that the user can fill in and
>   hit submit. What would such a URL look like?

In my book, `GET /guestbook?view=add`.

Regards,
--
Aristotle
“Like punning, programming is a play on words.”