On 08/11/2016 03:13 AM, max.augsb...@gmx.de wrote:

> Dear CGI Application Experts,
>
> I am a Newbie in Perl and Web Programming. I tested a little bit Dancer2, but
> I liked CGI::Application from the design much much more because it feels for
> me more perlish.
>
> But what me confuse a little bit is, that the last stable version is from the
> year 2011. Please allow me a straight and honest question: Does it make sense
> yet to learn CGI::Application or should I better go ahead to a modern
> framework as Dancer2 although CGI::Application to me appeals much more? Is
> CGI::Application still active and will there be new stable versions on CPAN
> in the near future (the devel version that contains also one security bugfix
> is more than one year old)? Or is CGI::Application over the many years simply
> ready programmed so that only minor bugfixes are necessary?
>
> I really hope, that the wonderful CGI App has a future. I think this
> framework has such a wonderful and specific design so that it really sets
> itself apart from the "big modern" modern frameworks (Dancer2, Mojolicious,
> Catalyst) which are all very similar and so that there is real need for it.
>
> Best wishes,
> Max

Personally, I really like CGI::Application with HTML::Template.  That
combination is straight-forward with no BS.  The support bothers me a
bit too but I only write web stuff as ancillary to my primary
professions of systems and network engineering.  For that CGI::App
serves me well.  If I was a real web developer the support issue might
bother me too.

--
Stephen Carville
Serf Without Portfolio