For session tracking, I keep the values in a hash and update the table in
the "teardown" method. I thought this would be a faster way to update the
session-tracking table because, by then, I the runmode would have emitted
its output and the visitor would be receiving the page while the teardown
method was updating the session-tracking table.

To test my assumption, I put a 10 second sleep in "teardown" and the page
was delayed 10 seconds. Why does it work this way? Is this the server? Does
it expect the executing CGI to end before it transmits output?

I was hoping to get a little parallel processing. :)

Thanks,
Mark