At 02:33 PM 2/5/2004 -0500, Vitaliy Babiy wrote:
>Hello!
>
>MS> You don't need to know anything about HTML::FillInForm to take advantage
>MS> of it. If you are using ::ValidateRM, than HTML::FillInForm is used
>MS> behind the scenes.
>
>MS> HTML::Template isn't really a parser in the same way that HTML::Parser
>MS> is. Before you try to avoid it, try out the system and see how the
>MS> performance is for yourself.
>
>MS> So far I've used HTML::FillInForm for many projects and it has never
>MS> been too slow. Honestly, it's been hard to notice an impact of adding it
>MS> to the mix.
>
>No, I didn't mean any performance issues, but, you know, they use
>different syntax in templates.
>
>HTML::Template    ===> <TMPL_VAR NAME=OFFICE_ID>
>HTML::FillInForm  ===> <!-- tmpl_var err_fav_color -->
>
>Or I'm wrong?
>I'm just wondering to not confuse my customer with it.

Well, if you use CGI::Application::ValidateRM then you wont see the workings of
HTML::FillInForm anyway. If you look carefully at Mark's sample app (its the same one
that convinced me to use ValidateRM!) you will see how easily the operation of
HTML::FillInForm and Data::FormValidator dovetail into the entire structure. I know
nothing about HTML::FillInForm at all! It is there and it does its thing, that's all I
am worried about.

The thing you do need to learn is Data::FormValidator which is an amazingly powerful
tool - and saves just so much other code!

John