Thanks to Cees and Thilo for their inputs.

Here's my JGE (just good enough) solution (see below).
I placed this in my super class that all my instances inherit from.

Note that this output only measures in seconds.  The results are replaced into the
comment
<!-- ScriptRunTime --> in the output.  Any code after cgiapp_postrun isn't counted.

sub cgiapp_postrun {
   my $self = shift;
   my $output_ref = shift;

   # $script_starttime = $^T
   # times measured in seconds

   my $script_duration = time() - $^T;
   $$output_ref =~ s#<!-- ScriptRunTime -->#<BR>Server process time: $script_duration
seconds<BR>#;

} #end cgiapp_postrun

Fred Kleindenst                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Internet Platforms
310.302.3801