You are absolutely right that the session has not been created in sub "destroy". However, I ALWAYS call sub "create_set" before I call sub "destroy". My thinking is that if I create the session object in sub "create_set" and save it in the application object that the session object should be available in the application object when I subsequently call sub "destroy". BTW, the way my application works is that I display a page with three links. The second link calls sub "create_set" and displays a message that a session object has been created. A link on that page takes one back to the original page. The third link calls sub "destroy" expecting to find the session object available in the application object which doesn't seem to be the case. It seems that the session object is going out of scope before sub "destroy" is called. ????

If you click on a link on a page, that reruns the script--the application object is not stored between "clicks". By the time the page is generated in the browser, the application object is gone. You cannot then click on a link to go to another run_mode and find what was stored in the application object. Make sense?

Sean