Jeff MacDonald wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to expand my knowlege of C::A by finally incorporating some
of the great sub modules into my applications..

It should make your life a little easier :)

ValidateRM works great for validating the form, but I'm looking for an
effecient way to display errors if the actual INSERT failed [ie
_bookPool_do]. If that returns a 0 what i typically do is return the
runmode that drew the page, display the error and fill in all the
fields that the user had filled in.

Since ValidateRM already re-fills in the form in case of an error I
did not write the code i'd typically write to do that step. Does
anyone have any elegant ideas that i could use without writing the by
hand code to refill those entries ?

I'm going to try HTML::Fillinform, unless ya'll have any better idea's.

This is what ValidateRM uses internally and it's really easy to use so I'd go with it.

I have run into a similar situation recently where I need to display the same sticky form with error messages that ValidateRM would have shown, but the decision to show such a form occurs well after the form validation. I did just what you're thinking of doing. I'm wondering if it might make it easier if ValidateRM exposes the method it uses to create the error page as part of it's public API? Would this make sense Mark? or is there a better way?

--
Michael Peters
Developer