Thanks --

I don't have access to server-level apache stuff like mod_gzip. However our hosting provider suggests a scripting solution involving .htaccess where you can serve up a gzip page when available: http://www.lunarforums.com/forum/index.php?topic=13653

So I guess what I'm really looking for is an easy way to write myWebPage.html.gz at the same time I write myWebpage HTML.

Bruce

Michael Peters wrote:

Bruce McKenzie wrote:

Hi --

I've been enjoying the speed increase for cgi::app applications achieved
by CGI::Application::Plugin::CompressGzip.

I use CGI::App to generate static web pages with Template Toolkit. Is
there a way that's as easy as CompressGZip to get the same kind of
performance boost for static HTML pages? I could probably hack something
together with Zlib -- but I'd much rather use a plugin or module written
by someone else :-)

You can configure apache to use mod_gzip and there's even some stuff you
can do in mod_perl if you want more flexibility with it. But it's
something that needs to be done on the server level, not the page
creation level afaik.

--
Bruce McKenzie
Business Information Graphics, Inc.