Michael Peters wrote:

Robert Hicks wrote:

The <span class="errors"> shows up as does the 'Invalid' or 'Missing'
message. However, the CSS is not picking up.

If your resulting HTML has that <span> tag like your showing us, then it's not a
 ValidateRM thing.

I have this in my site.css file (just to test so nothing fancy yet):

Are you sure you're site.css file is being loaded by that page? If you are and
you still can't see what's going on, I'd recommend using Firefox and the "View
Formatted Source" plugin (https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/697/). With it, you
can view the source of your page as it currently exists (really helpful if you
have Javascript that manipulates the DOM) and also see how various style rules
apply to each element even up to which file and line the particular rules come
from. Extremely handy for tracking down CSS inheritance issues.

I am using FF. I will check again tomorrow and see if I was looking in the right place (I think I verified this a couple times before posting this).

I wonder if it could be how the page is "refreshed" after the errors.

Robert