Bruce;

I've had good luck using XML::Writer and XML::Writer::String for outputting XML consistently.

Cheers,

Nathan
--
nathan l. walls               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
general:                     http://ismedia.org/

On Jan 27, 2007, at 11:07 AM, Bruce McKenzie wrote:

OK, so I'm way behind the rest of the world when it comes to XML -- but I am using CGI::Application -- so how hard could it be to catch up? :-)

What I want to do is return XML (as an Ajax response) to the jQuery Interface library Autocomplete plugin.

In the plugin documentation example, data is provided by an .asp document that looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<ajaxresponse>
  <item>
    <text><![CDATA[text to display]]></text>
    <value><![CDATA[value to fill]]></value>
  </item>
</ajaxresponse>

Of the modules on CPAN that could produce this XML structure, which would be *easiest* to use? Do I need to change the headers of the CGI::Application response?

Thx.

Bruce
http://www.2MinuteExplainer.com