Hi Leonard,

This effort sounds very similar to the CGI::Application::Framework (CAF,
occasionally we'd call it "caffeine") module that Michael Graham and I
released in 2005.  We maintained it for a few months afterwards but not
since since -- I'm a manager myself these days and barely code, and he's not
in a position where he can release software to the larger world.  Still, you
might be interested in reviewing it and seeing what lessons you can learn
from it.

Cheers,
 - Richard