Arsen Hayrapetyan wrote:

When I am running my application, it does not see the image files. Firefox
plugin shows that the following file is requested: *
URL_base/cgi-bin/app-images/bullet.gif*
I.e., my application sees *cgi-bin* instead of *htdocs*.

This is an apache configuration issue not really related to C::A. You might get more help on an apache specific mailing list. But just for kicks, what does you httpd.conf file look like?

I tried also other ways of referring to the image files in js code, such as:
*/app-images/bullet.gif*,* htdocs/app-images/bullet.gif*, but none of them
worked.

If your document root is in htdocs/ then that's where all of your media assets belong (image files, css, js and .html). And you reference it without mentioning the document root using an absolute path (like /images/bullet.gif). This should work and if it isn't then something's amiss in your apache configuration.

Putting the images under *cgi-bin* (bad idea by itself) didn't work also, as
httpd server recognised the image files as scripts and tried to execute
them.

That's probably because you have it set up to execute anything in cgi-bin/ which is probably not what you want anyway.

--
Michael Peters
Plus Three, LP