Lyle wrote:

I've looked for one, the only one I could find is HTML::TagParser but it isn't suitable as it can't be used to recreate the page. Also looking at the source it uses regexp.

Just looking at the source code briefly, it seems that it's using regexes as part of it's lexing/tokenizing, which is completely appropriate.

As much as the idea of writing a Pure Perl parser intrigues me, I don't have the time :( Especially as at this time I wouldn't actually be using it (my script is generating all the html input tags and parsing them into the html template).

Have you thought about maybe using an XML module? XML::SAX has a pure perl driver. Maybe if your HTML is XHTML it could work. Or if you want, you can probably use a libxml based module. It's extremely common (installed on most systems) and has an forgiving/HTML mode.

--
Michael Peters
Plus Three, LP