Mark Stosberg wrote:

This means we had to find some other way to interrupt the flow and
return our error page. The solution is to write a suicide note and then
pull the trigger. Or rather, in validate_query(), if validation fails,
we do a just-in-time setting of error_mode(), and then die, which
interrupts the flow and triggers the error_mode to be called.

Now that I've thought of this approach, it makes me want to apply to to
the ::ValidateRM interface.  Anyone see a reason not to take this
approach for this plugin, or ValidateRM?

Some people feel that exceptions shouldn't be used for flow control (I'm not usually one of them) but some of them are very opinionated. Just wanted to bring that up.

--
Michael Peters
Plus Three, LP