On Saturday, January 26, 2002, at 10:14 AM, Jesse Erlbaum wrote:

> Hey Terrence --
>
>> This is what I used to think, but something very similar to
>> CGI::Application is coming out for Mason soon, here is a recent
>> post from the Mason list:
>
> Soon?  What kind of FUD is that?  CGI::Application exists NOW!  Hehe..
>
> Seriously -- if you read that message from the Mason list you
> will see that
> a single Mason developer is about to re-invent CGI::Application.
> I've taken
> the liberty of posting a message to the Mason mailing list (and to John
> Siracusa) inviting him to check out CGI-App.

that sounds like a good idea

> I have two thoughts about what John is doing:
>
> 1. Creating a bridge between CGI::Application and HTML::Mason is a
> reasonable idea, and one which would not be very hard to implement.
>
> 2. Nobody will use it, except for you, me and John.

actually some other people on the Mason list wanted to use
Siracusa's framework so if there could be some sort of merging of
experiences and ideas, this would be a great thing.but the
question is where should such a discussion take place?

how about a [EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list?

and it would be good for CGI::Application to be configurable
based on chosen templating system