Drew,

I believe passing in the paramaters you want to new() and then
overriding load_tmpl() is the way to go. I'm an HTML::Template user, but
I always override load_tmpl() anyway in my sub-class to set my own
defaults. It works nicely for me.

You might also dig through the mailing list archives some for related
threads-- I'm fairly sure this has been discussed before. I seem to
remember the module author prefering that folks override load_tmpl() to
support other template toolkits, rather than supporting them directly.

 -mark

http://mark.stosberg.com/