At 08:49 AM 03/22/2002, Cory Trese wrote:
>I'm wondering if anyone else has put effort towards finding a
>CGI::Application compatible logging service that is fast and easy to
>use within the framework created by CGI::Application and
>HTML::Template.

I'm use CGI::Carp on a system I'm developing using CGI::App and
HTML::Template.  It has the benefit of being able to log to a
specific file.  There are several reasons I use this.  First, I don't
want to fill my webserver's error logs with debugging
information.  Second, I don't have access to the webserver's error
logs.  Third, it lets me put up a custom error page when any of the
modules I use die() on me.  Fourth, writing to the log is as easy as
calling warn().  Finally, it lets me write things such as:
$dbh->prepare("SELECT * FROM Table") or die("Unable to select data.");

With the file in my own directory, I can also do stuff I'd never do
in the server's error logs, such as logging the entire contents of
every request.  It's a low volume system, so this is a manageable
amount of data, and really helps when users report errors, and helps
even more when they DON'T report them.

--
Greg Marr
[EMAIL PROTECTED]