thanks jesse,

i was indeed referring to the instance script...not sure where i picked up "wrapper"?.

My dilema is that my UI uses frames to display various controls/views to the user - so
on the UI initially launching, my app outputs a frameset template, with each frame
feeding back into the app for its unique initial runmode.
>From there, the functionality of each frame is contolled by its own seperate module.
While this works fine just now, i am concered that under any substancial traffic these
multiple invocations of my app on the initial launch will become a serious burden on
the server - and am looking at ways of minimizing the resource usage.
My coding is not particularly bloated - only that the app is being launched multiple
times in one go.

Is this something i should be concerned about? On the UI launching, there is the
initial call to the app, followed by 10 calls for each frame...

The only other way i can see to minimise the resource usage, is to 'use' each runmodes
code from external .pm files - effectively creating a small skeletal application, and
importing the necessary code when required - but as i say, the whole module is pretty
small anyway (14K)....its more the multiple CGI.pm's etc

any ideas are appreciated,

thanks again, wicked module!

chris