Try replacing

      -values=>'\@contacts'

with -values=>$contacts.

It already looks like you are retrieving the values as an array ref, and by
single quoting the @contacts array, you are passing a string literal, which
is what you are seeing in your web page.

Brian

                      zbuckholz@hotmai

                      l.com                    To:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                                               cc:

                      05/30/02 01:28           Subject: [cgiapp] help with
scrolling_list and htmltmpl from
                      AM                       cgiapp

I have been trying to generate a page based on the code fragment below. But
when the page appears I get the scrolling_list on the page, but the value
inside the list is \@contacts.

I must be doing something wrong because the docs say I can pass an array
reference as I am doing.

Can anyone point out my mistake?

      my $select_contacts_query = "SELECT contact_email
                                                    FROM monitor_contact
                                                    WHERE mc_id =
$account_id";
        my $sth = $dbh->prepare($select_contacts_query);
        $sth->execute();
        my $contacts = $sth->fetchall_arrayref();

        my $contact_list = $q->scrolling_list(-name=>'contacts',
                                                -values=>'\@contacts',
                                                -multiple=>'true');

        $tmpl_obj->param(CONTACTS => $contact_list);

        $tmpl_obj->param(ADD_URL=>1);

        return $tmpl_obj->output;

Thanks

Zack