On Thu, 6 Jun 2002, Martijn van den Burg wrote:

> I want to present the user of my application with a 'download' pop-up box
> when he clicks on a certain link. The download box must have a default name
> already filled in. The (ASCII) data is generated on the fly.

I don't know if it is correct, but here is my solution: path info.
You can call your script and append the name you want for the file;
example http://some.net/cgi-bin/generate/somedata.txt
somedata.txt will be used as filename in "save as" window.

Inside your script you can change content type as you like.

Ciao, Valerio

 Valerio Paolini, <http://130.136.3.200/~paolini>