---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Michael Ginguld <mich...@airjaldi.net>
Date: Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 4:12 AM
Subject: [TIER] AirJaldi Hiring - CTO
To: t...@tier.cs.berkeley.edu

Some of you know us, some may know we are expanding and looking for people.
Here goes:

*Seeking Qualified Applicants for the position of *

 *Chief Technical Officer (CTO)/Technical Team Leader*

 *Location: Dharamsala, HP, India(main), Delhi, India*

Rural Broadband Pvt. Ltd., founded in 2009, is an innovative leader in
building and operating wireless broadband networks in rural areas.
Operating under the brand name AirJaldi, we built and manage networks in
five states across India and are expanding further within India and
elsewhere. A related entity, AirJaldi Research and Innovtion, carries out
capacity-building activities in the field of rural connectivity and
hands-on research and development activities.

Rural Broadband Pvt. Ltd., founded in 2009, is an innovative leader in
building and operating wireless broadband networks in rural areas.
Operating under the brand name AirJaldi, we built and manage networks in
five states across India and plan to expand further within India and
elsewhere.

We are looking for a highly-motivated and experienced person to lead our
technical team and be an integral part of the team that takes AirJaldi
further in size, reach and quality.

The job is based in Dharamsala, HP, India and in Delhi, India, with a
certain amount of travel to networks and field sites. Your technical work
will be supervised and monitored by AirJaldi's Director of Strategy and
Operations. The minimum duration for this position is 24 months. Our
intention is to offer a longer-term contract and involvement as you
successfully and happily integrate yourself with our team.

*Responsibilities/Scope of Work: *

·   Lead AirJaldi's technical team, with specific focus on:

o   Manage and further develop AirJaldi's F/OSS-based NOC, relays and CPE
systems.

o   Researching, testing and adapting low-cost and F/OSS  and hardware
products for use in the AirJaldi Networks.

o   Document work and prepare Operation manuals on setting up, configuring
and operating equipment and services used as part of the AirJaldi network
systems.

o   Assist in other AirJaldi tasks as needed and required by AirJaldi's
management team.

·   Help in creating and delivering professional training programs:

o    Provide technical support and advice to AirJaldi's training materials'
development team.

o    Participate (occasionally) in training sessions for Airjaldi team
members and others.

·   Represent AirJaldi in online and public technical forums.

·   Assist in other AirJaldi tasks as needed and required by AirJaldi's
management team

*Qualifications / Skills / Experience *

·   Extensive hands-on experience with administration of GNU/Linux and
Linux-based network servers. Past employment with an ISP a significant
advantage, hosting-facility or IT department of a large enterprise a major
plus.

·   Relevant academic and/or professional credentials.

·         You should be very confident with the following terms, protocols,
servers and environments: multilayer IP switching and routing, firewalls
(iptables), Policy-routing, DNS management and debugging, SMTP, POP/IMAP,
HTTP (apache), Squid, Radius, LDAP, VPNs (OpenVPN), etc.

·         Familiarity with NMS and network provisioning systems is
essential- the job will require you to work with advanced Nagios-based
network monitoring systems.

·         Familiarity with the use and integration of the following tools
and similar ones required:  Cacti, SmokePing, MRTG, RRD, SNMP.

·         Experience with routing protocols, QoS setups, Embedded-Linux,
MS-Windows machines support (Samba, wins) a plus.

·         Previous knowledge of RF a plus.

·         Previous field experience, in particular in a developing country,
a great asset.

In order to successfully carry out your work and as importantly, enjoy it
and derive as much satisfaction from it as we do, you will need to:

·         Be willing and able to live in a small, rural setting and travel
and work in rural areas across India.

·         Ability to work within a multi-national multi-lingual and
multi-cultural team.

·         Be an excellent team player - we mean this. Our team is built is
based on getting the most from each of our team members, which calls for
mutual respect and support. (professional and personal). You will be
required to adhere to these principles.

*Remuneration*

Commensurate with experience and similar operations.

*For additional information, please contact: *

Michael Ginguld, Director, Strategy and Operations

mich...@airjaldi.net

Tel: (91) 981-604-5880

michael_...@airjaldi.net

--