We are organising a panel at CHI 2014 on different aspects of getting into
the space of HCI-for-societal-impact. CHI has a pretty diverse audience and
we would like to explore how to support folks who want to explore getting
into this field (of HCI-for-societal-impact) either on a full time, part
time or voluntary basis. HCI 4 Societal Impact is not just about developing
regions but also includes social impact in developed countries (including
domains like medicine, accessibility etc.)

We have setup the following wikispace and would love to gather inputs from
folks on this group on what they think about the subject (there are some
specific questions put up on the wiki - if you would like to add thoughts
outside of those, please feel free to do so at the end of these questions).

Title of the panel : Can you do good and do well? Exploring HCI Careers for
Societal Impact
Wiki: http://chi2014.wikispaces.com/dogood

If you would be at CHI, you are invited to share your experiences/discuss
your thoughts or ask questions to the panelists/community. This is
scheduled on May 1st, 2pm-3:20pm (
http://chi2014.acm.org/program/#s-panel4_pan107).

Looking forward to hearing/reading your thoughts!

Regards
Anupam
IBM Research India

p.s btw - we are also looking for a scribe for the panel. If you are
willing to volunteer, please let us know!