My name is Jason A. Engerman and I am the president of the GSA within AECT.
One of our missions this year is to connect with other educational graduate
students to share information, opportunities and support. To this end we
would like to invite you to attend or pass along our latest webinar
entitiled "Improving Adhesion with Culture and Gaming". This webinar
feature a prominent leader in the field of instructional design Ali
Carr-Chellman as she unpacks her research on Boys, Gaming and the Common
Core standards. We will also feature the President of the E-Sports club at
Penn State University. He will discuss how E-Sports Club prepares its
participants for the 21st Century workplace. A formal invition is included
below as well as an attachment for a fuller description.

Improve Adhesion with Culture and Gaming Webinar

There are many conceptions about the impact of games on our youth, but
there is skepticism on their ability to provide significant learning value.
Can games provide respectable learning benefits for users or are they
purely a waste of time?  How can games align with national standards or
prepare players for the 21st Century workplace?  On behalf of AECT, the
Graduate Student Assembly and Culture, Learning and Technology divisions,
would like to invite you to the first of our free webinar series entitled
"Accelerate Learning".  The first of these free insightful webinars will
focus on the impact of Culture and Gaming and will be held on March 24th. You
may register here (link)

As AECT is the premier international community for effective teaching and
learning, this webinar will speak to an audience of researchers, educators,
parents and gamers alike towards improving preparation for a new generation
of 21st Century learners.

Expert Presenters:

Ali Carr-Chellman, department head of Learning and Performance Systems at
Penn State University, will uncover the impact that video games have had on
young boy adolescents within their personal cultures and academic
development including alignment to national standards.  Josh Miller-Day,
President of the E-Sports Club also at Penn State University, will inform
us of the growing worldwide phenomena that is competitive video gaming. He
will also speak to the potential for E-Sports clubs to represent a 21stCentury
training grounds for a new generation of learners.

In addition to more Accelerate Learning webinars this year, AECT also
provides an exceptional annual conference that services a multitude of
learners and designers of learning.  This year's conference will be held in
Indianapolis, Indiana on November 3-7, 2015 with a committed theme of
*Accelerate
Learning: Racing Into The Future.*

More information on "Improve Adhesion with Culture and Gaming" webinar is
provided in the attachment*.*

Please join us on March 24th @ 12pm EST.  To participate in this insightful
session or to receive information on where to view this webinar at a later
date, use the Web Registration Form: (*bit.ly/cultureandgaming
<http://bit.ly/cultureandgaming>*)

Further information on organization and contact information can be found
below.

AECT Website: http://aect.site-ym.com/

Conference Registration: http://www.aect.org/events/registration/

Contact Information:

*aect.gsa.leaders...@gmail.com <aect.gsa.leaders...@gmail.com>*

*www.aect.org <http://www.aect.org/>*

Forwarded from:
--
Ally Krupar
PhD Candidate,  Adult Education and Comparative International Education