"Are Open Source Business Models Viable?"
http://www.unicefstories.org/2015/08/24/open-source-business-model-breakfast-summary/

Someone recently brought this project to my attention because it was
close to my master's research and when I contacted the project manager to
offer access to my data, she asked if I would share this opportunity with
people in my network. They're looking both for people to perform the
research as well as for people running open source businesses to respond
to the survey.

"At UNICEF Innovation we are seeking to document a set of business models for
open-source startups that would provide value back to both the makers and investors,
while also creating global public goods in the process."

I think it would be a great small research project for a few people people
considering a career in research, maybe a combination of someone from Foster and some from CS. (I think it's too much for one person given the project deadline.) The application deadline is quite soon, however (8 September).

Cheers,
Ann