Hi everybody,

I'm writing to announce a discussion series that is starting next
week, though this discussion will be hosted on the Open Data Kit (ODK)
list rather than on this one. To participate, please join the ODK list
(http://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/opendatakit). Feel free to
join only temporarily if you just want to follow this discussion. I'll
also plan to forward the conversations at the end of each week to this
list, if that seems to work well.

The goal of the discussion is to explore the many and varied uses of
ODK around the world, as well as to celebrate the contribution of
Gaetano Borriello, the visionary behind the ODK project and the UW
Change group, who passed away earlier this year, far too young.

Starting Oct 5, each week will begin with a brief overview and during
the course of the week, we'll have back and forth questions, answers,
and general discussion. The goal of each discussion is to look at both
what worked and did not work and/or explore important topics related
to mobile data collection.

We've got a number of great presenters and topics lined up already:

Oct 5, 2015: Yaw Anokwa. Intro and Overview.

Oct 12, 2015: Neil Hendrick. Field Implementation of ODK 2.0 tools.

Oct 19, 2015: Christopher Robert. ODK tools and how we're all raising
the bar on data quality.

Nov 2, 2015: Matt Berg and Alex Dorey. Making of a working standard - XLSForms.

Nov 9, 2015: Eric Couper. Role of ODK for a small social enterprise,
GreenPath Food.

Nov 16, 2015: Marc Abbyad. Incorporating ODK components into existing toolset.

Nov 30, 2015: Heather Zornetzer. Vigilancia Comunitaria: an ODK tool
for Improving Community-based Health Surveillance in Nicaragua.

Dec 7, 2015: Connie Moon Sehat. ELMO: the role of ODK in the Carter
Center's efforts in elections, human rights, and health.

And we're very happy to have more. Feel free to join and chime in, or
email me (yano...@nafundi.com) if you'd like to be added to the
schedule.

Thanks very much and looking forward to a rich discussion,

Yaw