---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: jake kendall <kendall_j...@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 4:02 PM
Subject: [TIER] Funding for chatbots and new biometrics in low income finance
To: "t...@tier.cs.berkeley.edu" <t...@tier.cs.berkeley.edu>

Hi All,

Passing on info about a new initiative within the DFS Lab called DFS
Tech and two new research funding opportunities we are launching.

DFS Tech is a complementary initiative to DFS Lab that seeks to engage
scientists and engineers to solve hard technical challenges in the
financial inclusion space. We support these research teams with
funding, expert advice, data, shared resources, access to partners,
and deep knowledge of local populations and markets.

Our first technology challenges are calls for proposals to create new
forms of Biometrics and to create chat-bots that will act as Digital
Advocates for the poor .

The deadline of May 30 is fast approaching, but the application
process is simple. Please pass on to your networks! Contact
j...@cariboudigital.net to get more info or express interest.

Thanks in advance for your help spreading the word! Easy cut and paste
for social media below.

Jake

------------------

Social media posts

Tweet about it - click here

Share a link to DFS Tech on Facebook

Share a link to DFS Tech on Linkedin

Added text to cut and paste in for linkedin/facebook:

DFS Tech is a new initiative that seeks to engage scientists and
engineers to solve hard technical challenges in the financial
inclusion space.
Their first technology challenges are calls for proposals to create
new forms of Biometrics and to create chat-bots that will act as
Digital Advocates for the poor .

DFS Tech is an initiative within @TheDFSLab and @CaribouDigital and is
supported by funding from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. Go to
http://www.dfslabtech.net/challenges.html to apply!

__

Jake Kendall
Director, DFS Lab at Caribou Digital
Researcher, ICTD Lab, University of Washington

Follow the DFS Lab on social media:
Website: www.dfslab.net
Twitter: @theDFSLab
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thedfslab/
Video from Bootcamp One in Dar es Salaam: Youtube Video