Cindy Simpson, a former resident of Charles Village, now living in Hamilton,
sent me the message below.   If any of you are interested in adopting or
fostering a cat, please drop her a line at <csimp...@jhu.edu>.  And by all
means, feel free to pass the message along to anyone who might be able to help.
Best wishes,
Suzanne

We have a cat hoarding situation in our neighborhood; animal control has become
involved and there is a really bad situation for the cats and the humans in the
house.  The cats all have to go (this week sometime) and we’re working on
picking them up in small groups (and/ or individuals) to take to rescues or
fosters.  We’ve gotten 10+ cats out but there are still several more that need
homes.  So most importantly, if you know someone who’s looking for a kitty or
2, please let me know asap.  our goal is to try to avoid having a whole bunch
of cats dumped on BARCs at the same time – they already have cats that need
homes and we’d like to reduce the chances for  euthanization to as few as
possible.  if animal control takes them, they go to BARCs (who do great work,
but they’ve already got quite a bit on their plate).

All these cats have some health issues, the most minor being lack of
immunizations, need to be spay/neutered, flea dermatitis; some have more
serious issues such as upper respiratory tract infections and other problems.
So we’re trying to raise some funds to help any fosters/adopters/shelters deal
with the expense of fixing the health problems.  Alley cat rescue has agreed to
help channel funds raised; their link is http://www.saveacat.org/support.html;
if you’d stipulate “for the Hamilton Hoarder cats” or something like that the
funds will be directed appropriately.  If you could also pass this on to
anybody who might be willing to foster, adopt, or financially help these cats
out it would be a huge help.

I’m going to try to get some pix of the cats today and we’ll get them posted
asap; despite their problems they are very pretty cats!

Thank you all so very much and please pass this on to anyone you think might be
able to help!!!