I think the Mexico engines are made a little stronger then the American
blocks. I read this in Hotrod Magazine way back in the early 90's. Anyway
the company was called "Target Master" .  don't know if its the same
company.

P. Hernandez
68 chevelle

                    Kelly Hanna

                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>          To:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                    Sent by:                          cc:

                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]       Subject:     Re: [Chevelle-List]
info about Goodwrench 350???
                    velles.net

                    10/29/2001 09:05 AM

                    Please respond to

                    chevelle-list

>The "regular" Goodwrench 350 is made in Mexico, as are the Vortec
>heads.  No promises on the "B" 350, but mine doesn't say "Hencho En
>Mexico" on it that I've found.

It's "Hecho in Mexico" and I got news about that....even the high dollar
Vortec blocks say it....it is my understanding that most blocks are cast
there now for Chevy replacement engines. The reason I got a Vortec for mine

was HP and the fact that I thought they weren't made in Mexico. I was
concerned about the strength, knowing the iron might be thin walled and of
lesser strength & quality than the older American cast iron blocks. I don't

know yet if that's true, but next time I get the urge to replace a motor,
I'll be getting a block from the 60's or 70's and redoing it in someone's
shop....that way I know it's strong enough to take the HP and that it will
last a long time.

Kelly