Title: Re: [Chevelle-List] Rear End shimming ????
Ken,
 The rubbing sound is most likely from the posi unit. Did you use the ‘limited slip’ additive when you put the diff oil in? If you did put in the additive you may also have some chattering of the clutches as they get broken in. When I put in my last posi ( In my Z71) I was told to run it slowly in a figure 8 in an empty parking lot to get the clutches broken in. It’s been a while and they still make some noise at low speeds in a gradual turn. Depending on the posi, you may never completely get rid of the chatter. As for the hum, unless you have done several rear ends and have quality dial indicators, it’s going to be kind of tough to get all the noise out of the high end aftermarket gears (Richmond, etc) That’s what I was told anyway.

Shawn
‘69 SS396 /325