> Anyone ever use the flo-tech headers on a 70 Chevelle smallblock?
> I've thought I remember hearing that It is better to get headers
> specifically for the chevelle and not the ones that also fit the
> camaro. Anyone have any problems with those type? Hedman shows
> ones for the 64-77chevelle /monte carlo/full size and ones that
> fit 67-69 camaro/64-77 chevelle (I think the years are right).
> The flowtechs price is $85 at Checker I think tey are about the
> same through summit and the hedmans are 105 at summit and 130 at
> a local speed shop. Any experiences?

I had long tube Hooker "Chevelle" headers for my small block '67 that
did not fit all that well.  Turns out they are the same as the Camaro
header.  My Headman shorty style headers did fit better, although it is
an easier job to do with the shorter headers.  I actually have my second
set of headers, as the first ones had an exhaust leak from day one.  The
second set was of a different design.  The first set had to be dimpled
around the steering column, and the second set needed to be dimpled by
the lower A-Arm where they hit the frame.

At $85, the risk is low, but you might want to look at buying from the
local speed shop.  I was lucky enough to be able to drive to the Headman
factory and let them inspect my headers while still in the car.  If you
buy through summit, then you need to return them to Summit if there is a
problem.  If you buy from your local speed shop, you could go right to
them - much easier.

Brad Waller     ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
'66 Convertible | 327/dead | 4-speed   | Wilwood Brakes | 245/45/16 BFGs
'67 Chevelle    | ex-SS396 | 355/700R4 | '79 F-Body Brakes