I thought they were. I remember seeing some 69 Chevelles in the early 70's with 307's.
My wife (then girlfriend ) wanted a yellow Chevelle with a 307, but her dad wouldn't co-sign for a 16 year old.
She had a 65 Impala SS, convertible with a 327.

"Richard M. Pruett" wrote:

 If your Chevelle had a 307, it's not factory; they weren't offered!

Yes, my 69 has a 307.  It's not as bad as the late 70's early 80's 305.  It can light up the tires :-).  Thats the first thing i did when i started it up in the garage, lil powerbrake action.

Tom