Hey all,

I am building an exhaust system for my 67 with a 250-I6. I have headers, with 1 1/2 x 36 main tubes, into 2 1/2 x 5 collectors. What do I do to determine the best pipe size? cn I run 2 1/2 all the way back, or would that cause nasty side effects?

I'm considering a Flowmaster 70-series muffler (#52573, offset/offset 2 1/2 in and out.) Erring on the side of quieter rather than louder would be preferable.

If I can, running the headers into a y-pipe, then to the muffler would be the easiest, seeing as the collectors and the muffler both accept 2 1/2" pipe.

Any thoughts?
Dave.
--
www.swingvictoria.com