Thanks Wayne and Tom for the reply. I didn't think the extra hanger was necessary, but wanted some confirmation from those who have done this before.

Tom Tomlinson
'71 Malibu
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of Wayne
Sent: Saturday, February 22, 2003 11:31 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-List] Exhaust Hanger Question

Tom,
 I have put on a few American Thunder Flowmaster kit's. Both full length and shortie headers
 I have never used a hange on A body car, in the collector area.
 Just the factory type at the rear exit of the muffler and from the frame At the tail pipe area.
 I have used two methods  of securing the collector extension to the H pipe.
One  cut to length and fit. tac weld and remove and  then weld solid,  and  the other,
the full circle stainless steel  BAND CLAMPS... (dynamax)

But IMO you need no hanger at the collector reducer on a Chevelle or El-Camino

Wayne
ACES # 1556
TCG # 186