Didn't see anyone get back to you on this so I'll give it a shot.
"Easiest" way is relative of course, but I used a Summit Ford-type
solenoid and it makes it a snap to connect a bump switch to.  No more
trying to clamp the GM solenoid behind the headers.

See http://www.chevellestuff.com/tech/ford_solenoid.htm; jumper clips go
on B & S - couldn't be easier.

By interlock switches, you mean where the clutch had to be depressed
before the ignition would turn on?  Believe it was 68 or 69; not sure.
I've only owned one Chevelle newer than a 67 in 30+ years and it was a
69 w/TH400.  Your 64 shouldn't have that problem.

Dale McIntosh
TC Gold #92/ACES #1709
67SS/67 Elky