Here's info on the second public hearing on city wireless broadband... Pass
the word and sign up to testify!

"Talking Tech"

Are you interested in getting low-cost, high-speed internet access?

Do you want your elected officials to know that this issue is important to
you?

Want to win a free computer?

Then join us at a public hearing:

Thursday,  July  28,  2005  at  6:30  P.M.  at
Malcolm  X  College  West  Side  Learning  Center,
4624  West  Madison  Street,  Room  105

Sponsored by:

The Chicago Council Committee on Finance, Alderman Ed Burke
The City Council Committee on Economic, Capital and Technology Dev't,
Alderman Margaret Laurino  Alderman Ed Smith, 28th Ward

The City Council Committees on Finance and Economic, Capital, and Technology
Development have assembled a Task Force of community leaders and elected
officials to address high speed internet opportunities for all Chicago
residents.  Our primary goal is to determine a vision and a strategy to
guide the City of Chicago in its efforts to ensure that affordable high
speed internet access is accessible in every neighborhood of the city.

To this end, we have scheduled the second of three public hearings on the
need for affordable high speed internet access in Chicago neighborhoods and
business districts.  The first meeting will be held: